How to securely package your flowers for preservation
To safely preserve your wedding or funeral tribute make sure your package is secure
You Will Need:
- Your Flowers
- 1 Empty Container (or more depending on their size)
- Parcel Bag/Wrap
- Parcel Tape
- A Pen
- Order Number
Please note: foliage is really important to enclose also as this enhances the beauty of the paperweights.
Please use a plastic container such as a Tupperware or Ice Cream Box. If possible, avoid using a cardboard box, as these are much more likely to become damaged, or get wet during transit. Also before sending your flowers we would like to remind you we DO NOT return any boxes.
Steps for sending fresh flowers for preservation
At this time of year especially we suggest you do add the wet kitchen roll on the ends of the flowers to keep the moisture within ( the video does not show this )
- On the bottom of the Tupperware box place a layer of kitchen roll (this retains the moisture within the flowers much better and place a little water on this to make it moist).
- Wrap dry kitchen roll JUST around the bottom of the flower stalks and foliage, then cover with cling film approx 2-8″ in length
- Cover flowers with another layer of Kitchen roll and SEAL THE BOX
- Keep flower heads away from the edge of the box ( as this may bruise the flower head inside )
- Ensure your name and address is clearly marked within the package along with your reference number
If payment has been made in full using our online checkout, no deposit is required. One of these options will need to be completed to generate a preservation space. You will be provided with a four digit reference number
Please include a copy of your payment/receipt with your flowers if possible or just write the details on a piece of paper.
Securely seal the box with tape and deliver it to the Flower Preservation Workshop by using ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY (GUARANTEED NEXT DAY BY 1PM) through your local post office.
Steps for sending dried flowers for preservation
As above, but there is no need for the dried flowers to have the wet kitchen roll on them. Place on dry kitchen roll and dry kitchen roll on top of the flowers
Send Your Flowers To…
The Flower Preservation Workshop. Freshfields, Cartway Lane, Somerton, Somerset, TA11 6JH.
If you have any questions about flower packaging for preservation and sending your flowers to us, please do contact us.
Visit our Facebook or Instagram for a selection of our most recent wedding flower and bridal bouquet preservation designs.
Before sending your flowers to us please place your deposit online – this will then generate you a reference number for your order with us.
Request a call back
Enter your details and we will attempt to call you.